Last updated: March 31, 2022
Zayed Sustainability Prize acknowledges that as part of the submissions process, entrants may be requested to disclose confidential or sensitive information in their submissions. Zayed Sustainability Prize undertakes to handle any such information submitted – including any financial information pertaining to the applicants – with the strictest of confidence.
This policy explains when, why and how we:
• Collect data about individuals/companies/entities
• Use this information
• Disclose this kind of data to others, when this is necessary and under certain conditions
• Keep this data secure and confidential
2. If you fail to provide data
Where we need to collect personal or company data as part of your submission and if you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to process your submission. In this case, we may have to cancel your submission but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. Information that we collect about you
We collect and process the following data:
• Identity data: includes first name, last name, organisation name, position in organisation, username or similar identifier, and title.
• Contact data: includes address, city, country, zip code, email address, phone and mobile numbers
• Technical data: includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, make and model (mobile phones only), operating system, hardware version, platform, device settings and other technology identification on the devices used to access our websites through analytics tools
• Company data: includes information related to your company, project or initiative that you provide to us as part of your submission for the Zayed Sustainability Prize. This also includes your financial information
We collect this information that you give to us through:
• Our website
• Our social media platforms
• and/or corresponding with us directly or through our outreach partners by phone, email or otherwise
4. To whom do we disclose your personal information
• Internal stakeholders
• Outreach partners
• Research & Analysis partner
• Members of the Selection Committee and Jury
• Service providers for our website
5. Why and how we use your data
Most commonly, we will use your data in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to evaluate your application that you have submitted for the Zayed Sustainability Prize
• Where we need to communicate with you in relation to your application for the Prize
• Where we need to communicate with you in relation to any announcements/news about the Prize
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
• Any other specific purpose indicated at the time of collecting the information
6. Where we store your personal data
Your information is stored either in our databases or in the databases of our service provider in the UAE. We take appropriate security and confidentiality measures to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy. These steps include imposing contractual obligations on the recipient of your personal data or ensuring that the recipients have subscribed to “international frameworks” that aim to ensure adequate protection.
7. Retention of your personal data
Zayed Sustainability Prize retains your personal data for a period of time necessary to achieve the purpose for which we use that information. Except in specific cases, this period is specified at the time the information is collected.
8. Data security
Zayed Sustainability Prize has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal and company data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
9. What are your rights
Subject to applicable law and certain exemptions, restrictions or circumstances, you may have the right:
• To access your personal data
• To correct, modify and update your personal data
• To erase your personal data or restrict its processing
• To withdraw your consent
• To ask us to transfer your personal data in a structured data file to you or to another service provider if it is technically possible (data portability)
10. Tracking Technologies and Cookies
The technologies used may include:
• Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity)
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
11. Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• Comply with a legal obligation
• Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
• Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
• Protect against legal liability
• Security of your personal data
• The security of your personal data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security
12. Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
14. Contact Us
If you have any questions or complaints about this Policy, please contact us: